Jabal Omar Development
Saudi Tabreed is the exclusive provider of District Cooling to Jabal Omar, one of Mecca’s most important developments, via a planned District Cooling plant with a capacity of 55,000 TR over a period of 25 years.
Jabal Omar is a $5.5 billion project located within walking distance of Mecca’s Grand Mosque that is currently under construction. The mega project is set to accommodate 36,000 residents and 150,000 worshippers during the peak Ramadan season and is part of a redevelopment of central Mecca.
- AREA Makkah
- AREA TYPE Commercial and Residential
- TERM 25 Years
- CONTRACT CAPACITY 55,000 TR
- TYPE Build, own, operate and transfer
- PROJECT SPONSORS Saudi Tabreed (60%) JODC (40%)
- TARIFF Connection fee, capacity charge, consumption charge
- OFF-TAKER Retail and Hotels. Payments facilitated through JODC from direct customers